Scholarship Application Information
ANNOUNCING THE INTER-COUNTY ENERGY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Inter-County Energy is offering six, one thousand dollar ($1,000) scholarships in a program designed to enhance the education and resulting careers of deserving rural students. All interested students are invited and encouraged to apply. Applications can be obtained by contacting the Member Services Department at Inter-County Energy. The deadline for entering the scholarship program is March 21, 2014.
1) Applicant must be an actively enrolled senior in good standing from one of the following Inter-County Energy directorial districts: Mercer, Boyle, Marion, Casey, Garrard, or Lincoln.
2) Applicant must be planning to enroll in an accredited post-secondary educational or training institution of his/her choice.
3) Applicant's parents or legal guardian must be a resident of Inter-County Energy's service area and a current member of the cooperative. The primary residence of the legal parent or guardian must be on the cooperative lines.
4) Winners will be required to appear in person at Inter-County Energy's Annual Meeting for recognition and presentation of scholarships.
5) In order to receive scholarship money provided by Inter-County Energy, the recipient must bring vouchers or bills for money due from the institution of higher education of his/her choice. Scholarship money can be paid toward books, tuition, housing, lab fees, or any other costs directly related to the school, up to the limits of allotment. No money will be paid directly to the recipient. Scholarship money can not be used for clothing, transportation, furnishings, appliances, telephone, or food.
6) Scholarships are not renewable.
7) Applicant must not be a member of the immediate family of an employee, director, or manager.
8) Applicant will be judged on basis of GPA, scholarship need, extracurricular activities, and teacher/counselor written recommendation.
9) Applicant will be required to submit a brief autobiography.