OUTAGE & EMERGENCY REPORTING NUMBER
What is the first thing you do when the power goes out? You grab the phone and begin dialing Inter-County Energy. Effective immediately, Inter-County Energy customers should report outages or other emergency situations by calling the new 24-hour Outage/Emergency Reporting Line at 1-866-224-2235. This new phone number allows better access to outage reporting during power outages that affect large numbers of customers. Please make note of the new outage reporting number in the event you experience a power outage in the future.
Here are a few tips to make outage reporting quicker and more “hassle free.”
• Update your primary phone number on your ICE account(s). If you have recently changed your primary phone number from a landline to a cell number, please give Inter-County Energy a call at 859-236-4561 or 1-888-266-7322 to verify that the change has been made in our records.
• Utilize the automated, outage reporting option offered on the new Outage & Emergency Reporting Line. Automated outage reports flow immediately into a link which can be sorted and viewed by dispatchers resulting in a better understanding of the affected areas.
• Tune into local radio and TV media to check for outage updates once you have reported your outage.
• BE PREPARED……Always have a battery powered radio with extra batteries on hand to check outage updates in the event the outage is for an extended period of time.
• REMEMBER TO CALL 1-866-224-2235 TO REPORT YOUR OUTAGE OR EMERGENCY SITUATION!
**Please note this number has been in use since August 2011.